Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What I Eat and Where it Comes From

I have a very odd eating schedule due to a gastric bypass I had in December 2006. My stomach is very tiny and I hardly eat. What I eat in a day would barely suffice for one meal for someone else. So this blog is very challenging for me.

Every morning, I start my day with a breve from one of the local coffee carts. I believe the one I normally go to serves Kaladi Brothers Coffee. Kaladi Brothers is actually based out of Anchorage where they do all of their own roasting right there. According to their website, they purchase coffee from around the world. I can assume that my coffee originally comes from Columbia which is where most coffee originates from. Also in the breve is half and half. Matanuska Maid is a great brand that I have actually seen them use before and that is processed right here in Alaska in the Matanuska Valley at least for a little while longer. This morning I had a very small bowl of Nut and Honey Cheerios. Cheerios is made by General Mills and the headquarters and factories are located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For lunch I usually have a cup of Campbell’s vegetable soup. Campbell is located in New Jersey and so my soup travels from New Jersey, where it is made, all the way to Alaska. For dinner I have been eating raw veggies and hand made salads. Shopping at Safeway means that produce has been barged from the state of Washington and then trucked to North Pole. Produce comes from local farmers in the State of Washington. Salad dressing usually is Litehouse Ranch Dressing. The Litehouse company is located in Sandpoint, Idaho.

And that is about all I eat in a day normally. I know it’s not a lot, but it’s all my little stomach can handle.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Isn't it crazy that your lunch comes from NJ every day? Imagine actually travelling to NJ to eat that lunch! However, I bet that all the soup's ingredients don't originate in NJ; they're just processed there. It's sort of mind-boggling, isn't it?