Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Comma Splices

I would like to say that I never have created a comma splice before, but that would probably be a lie. I’ve looked through some of my past posts and I didn’t see any comma splice problems (although I found a few other errors that irked me – thank God for the edit button!). To be quite honest, I think my problem with writing is that I am not wordy enough. I have worked in a business setting for so long now that I have a hard time being anything other than direct and to the point. I don’t think direct and to the point is a flaw, but I really have to work harder to make sure my word count is up where it needs to be. I would like to say that in doing the quiz for this week, I had a somewhat difficult time on some of the wordier sentences. So maybe I do have a problem with comma splices but I am too direct in my writing to use them!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Good, but you're confusing "coma," a prolonged state of unconsciousness, with "comma," the punctuation mark!