Thursday, October 18, 2007

Post Secret

Post Secret is an interesting blog. It is labeled art which I would loosely consider it to be. I am more of traditional art lover myself. Are they real? It's hard to tell. They look real. This day in age, I think stuff like this needs to be taken at face value. Whether real or not, there are still emotions when looking at certain pictures. There were a couple that demanded my attention. The first one was actually the first one on the page. The person was hoping to die in Iraq because their fiance left them. Fate did not see things the way that did and even though they tried not to come back, they did....with a purple heart. I'm sure for the person trying to die, receiving a purple heart was a slap in the face. This one touches my heart, because my step son is serving in Iraq right now and the last thing I want is for anything to happen to him. I am sure that the parents of this person probably felt the same way. I hope this person is able to get some help and get over their fiance. Nobody is worth dying over in that way! The second postcard that gripped me was the "I don't miss you anymore" postcard. How many children out there actually feel that way about their dad or even their mom. I hope to be the parent that my kids can look up to and confide in. I always want to be there for my kids. Kids need their parents. Believe me, I know! I wish with all my heart that my kids never view me that way.

No comments: